At UBCC you benefit from elite coaching and to ensure coaching time is maximised, members are placed into squads that train on various days of the week.
UBCC expects all its members to adhere to the following set of expectations, endorsed by our coach Andy Stovold:
1. Players must arrive at the ground at the designated meet time. This is usually at least one hour before the start of the match. For away fixtures, players must adhere to any prior travel arrangements in a punctual manner.
2. If you have a car and are able to use it on a match day, it is expected that you will help the Club by offering to drive. Petrol money can be reimbursed by UBU: Sport & Health. Players can speak to our treasurer, about this.
3. Playing captains are responsible for arriving to the ground on a match day with the scorebook and the necessary match balls. All BUCS home fixtures require two new match balls. All other fixtures require one new match ball for UBCC to bowl with.
4. All players representing UBCC on a match day must arrive to the ground wearing a shirt and tie. It is preferable that this is a UBCC tie.
5. All players representing UBCC on a match day must wear a UBCC white playing shirt bearing the KPMG logo when on the field of play. It is preferable that players wear UBCC training kit to warm-up in prior to the start of the match.
6. If on a match day there is no scorer it is expected that during UBCC’s innings, players will score if asked to do so by their captain. Similarly, if for any reason only one umpire is present, it is expected that players will umpire at square leg if asked to do so by their captain.
7. All Club equipment and scorebooks must be well looked after. Team captains who are entrusted with Club equipment for use during training and warm-ups on match days must ensure that they return any equipment and scorebooks they have been given to the club captain before the end of summer term.
8. All squad members must make a strong effort to attend all training sessions. If any squad member cannot attend a training session, perhaps due to exams or illness, they must inform their playing captain. Members of the 1st XI squad must also inform Andy Stovold of their absence – 07827331928.
At UBCC we pride ourselves on our inclusive nature; whether you are a professional cricketer or an absolute beginner, we promise you will have a great time here. Feel free to email for more information, or find us using the social media links on this page.
University of Bristol, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TH